New Resources for VA Advisers for 2020-21
The 2020-21 State Executive Council is providing two resources advisers can use to add FCCLA fun to their virtual or in-person classes. The state officers will provide a video of a monthly FCCLA meeting, complete with activities, that can be played anytime by the adviser. Each meeting will be approximately 45 minutes long. The SEC advisers will provide a lesson plan for the month that can be used in both virtual and in-person settings. The lesson plan will utilize FCCLA programs and/or competitive events and will meet competencies in all Virginia FCS courses.
NOTE: Meetings and lesson plans through October 31 are available to all VA FCS teachers. Beginning November 1, these resources will be for affiliated chapters only. At that point make use of the Password Protected Portion of this website. Once affiliated, you will receive a password to this section. IF you have not received your password, please contact Kathleen Buchanan, Membership and Adviser Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the items on this website, additional resources for Virginia FCCLA advisers can be found in Google Drive at https://bit.ly/VaFCCLAChapterResources. Check this folder often, as items will be added throughout the year. Here you will also find the August, September, and October:
– Virginia FCCLA Monthly meetings led by a state officer
– Lesson plan applicable to to any FCS course that can be used in a virtual or in-person setting
Virginia FCCLA Affiliation Tips for 2020-21
Use the tips sheet for help with national and state online affiliation process, including a form that may be helpful in gathering needed information.
Resources for Advisers (click on the highlighted wording below)
• Why be an FCCLA Adviser?
• Make use of Chapter Manual and PowerPoint to assist with member recruitment, talking to administrators and meeting new friends of FCCLA
• Stay up to date with planning and carrying out projects!
• Continue to work with officers and new students to be recognized for membership growth.
• Reach out to Adviser to Adviser Leaders for Virginia FCCLA as needed
• Become informed, promote and use materials from the national programs in all classes.
• Use FCCLA Week in February as the perfect time to call attention to opportunities in FCCLA membership.
• Promote Say Yes to FCS, the future of our profession and FCCLA depends on it!
• Make sure to step up and apply for adviser awards.
Useful Links for FCCLA Advisers
~ National FCCLA – https://fcclainc.org/
~ Virginia Dept. of Ed. – Family and Consumer Sciences www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/career_technical/family_consumer_science/index.shtml
~ Virginia CTE Resource Center – http://www.cteresource.org/about/
~ Virginia CTE Web Site – www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/career_technical/programs/index.shtml
~ Virginia Association of Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences – https://www.vatfacs.net/
~ Virginia Department of Education Web Site – http://www.doe.virginia.gov/