FALL FCCLA BOOT CAMP FOR ADVISERS – SEPTEMBER 26-27, 2021 IN WAYNESBORO
Attention ALL FCCLA Advisers! Adviser Boot Camp, with special emphasis on new advisers or those less experienced in advising FCCLA regardless of years of teaching experience, this training is for you! In addition, the Fall Boot Camp will have a session especially designed for our culinary arts instructors. Please use the FALL BOOT CAMP REGISTRATION form for additional details. Use this Housing Form for Adviser Boot Camp hotel reservations.
Resources for Virginia FCCLA advisers can be found in Google Drive at https://bit.ly/VaFCCLAChapterResources. Check this folder often, as items will be added throughout the year.
Be sure to join the new VA FCCLA Advisers Facebook Group. Contact Kathleen Buchanan to receive an invitation to the group. Kathleen Buchanan: email@example.com.
FCCLA Day at the State Fair is scheduled for September 30 in Doswell. This is a perfect membership tool to encourage members to enter easy to assemble contests, network with other members from across the state, participate in a service project and pick up FCCLA wearables and other branded items. All details and forms can be found under News and Announcement on this website. https://virginiafccla.org/news-and-announcements/
Virginia FCCLA Affiliation Tips for 2021-22 Use the tip sheet for help with the national and state online affiliation process, including a form that may be helpful in gathering needed information.
FCCLA Adviser Professional Standards Virginia FCCLA chapter advisers are encouraged to use the Professional Adviser Standards as a guide to demonstrating excellence in advising an FCCLA chapter. This can also be an effective tool in gaining support from administrators as you incorporate FCCLA projects and activities into your curriculum.
Additional Resources for Advisers (click on the highlighted wording below)
• Why be an FCCLA Adviser?
• Make use of Chapter Manual and PowerPoint to assist with member recruitment, talking to administrators and meeting new friends of FCCLA
• Stay up to date with planning and carrying out projects!
• Continue to work with officers and new students to be recognized for membership growth.
• Reach out to Adviser to Adviser Leaders for Virginia FCCLA as needed
• Become informed, promote and use materials from the national programs in all classes.
• Use FCCLA Week in February as the perfect time to call attention to opportunities in FCCLA membership.
• Promote Say Yes to FCS, the future of our profession and FCCLA depends on it!
• Make sure to step up and apply for adviser awards.
Useful Links for FCCLA Advisers
~ National FCCLA – https://fcclainc.org/
~ Virginia Dept. of Ed. – Family and Consumer Sciences www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/career_technical/family_consumer_science/index.shtml
~ Virginia CTE Resource Center – http://www.cteresource.org/about/
~ Virginia CTE Web Site – www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/career_technical/programs/index.shtml
~ Virginia Association of Teachers of Family and Consumer Sciences – https://www.vatfacs.net/
~ Virginia Department of Education Web Site – http://www.doe.virginia.gov/